1 2 3 4 5 6 7 -->

Monday 20 April 2015

Re-stocking and taking stock

yellow white red cute crochet flower bunting  handmade


Phew, so I survived my exams. The relief was enormous to say the least. After a sleepless night dominated by sciencey words whizzing around my head, and anxiety about my performance I immersed myself in my little yarny, crochety world for a couple of days and it was AMAZING to say the least. I made a few new pieces for the CAM Hub Shop in Chorlton, Manchester,  where I stock some of my crochet bits and bobs. What do you think? 

yellow white red cute crochet flower bunting  handmade


I think I have a new favourite crochet colour combination......burnt orange and mustard yellow all the way. I also quite like the pink ones too! I've just sat down to write this post and to crochet another set but can I find the yarn? Can I heck! Must have left it in Manchester....

Crochet Retro Coaster yellow orange purple blue pink trendy vintage

In the last few days after my exams I've had many a transient thought about where I want this blog and SallyStrawberry to go. Obviously I can't devote as much time as I would like due to working full time and doing a lot of travelling but if I put everything into it then perhaps. These transient thoughts are becoming less and less transient and more and more permanent so you never know. Here are a few of the things I have been thinking of doing.....

  • Set up an Etsy shop for some of the pieces I'm happy to make over and over (mostly the above!)
  • Do a couple of markets. I LOVE doing markets, chatting to customers and other traders. I don't even mind getting a bit cold. It's really hard with all the travelling to fit them in though so may just try and do a couple nearer Christmas. 
  • Set up my website. I've had the domain for an age, just need to bite the bullet and do it (likely with a bit of help from Pete).
  • Join/set up a craft group in Merthyr. I really miss a bit of communal crafting. I've tried to find a craft group over Twitter but to no avail. If anyone reading this is from the Merthyr Tydfil area of South Wales and into crochet/knitting/sewing/anyothercrafting then please please get in touch, I would love to meet you. I may even try and get back into teaching crochet if the demand is there. 
For now, that's it, but knowing me there's probably plenty more to come, likely in the middle of the night when I have an early start the next morning. 

Take care,

SSxx

6 comments:

  1. So glad the exams went well! The coasters are so beautiful I love the pink and white one. Wishing you the best on your Etsy store, you'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I remember that sense of relief (although it was a few years ago now...). I love the daisy chain garland, the Etsy shop is a fab idea and do set up a craft group - If I was nearer, I'd come! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never thought I would ever have to do exams again....Yep, I think I'm going to do it :-)

      Delete
  3. Some people start stock investing by going for the hot tips offered by the internet or local brokerage services. visit our site

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the development continues the voice-powered devices which are quick in responding to the verbal commands are heavily dependent on Artificial Intelligence. As we can see in the market that some voice controlled for personal help are being built into a few devices that we use such as smart speakers, TVs etc. my company

    ReplyDelete