1 2 3 4 5 6 7 -->

Monday 21 October 2013

.....its that time of year again

Hi all!

I find that one of the disadvantages of being a crafter is that Christmas comes around a lot earlier than it does for many other folk. We have only just put our heating on, I'm still wearing my Spring/Autumn light coat, and I haven't even thought about Halloween or Bonfire night yet......but today I started making Christmas decorations....yes, I know, I hate it too!

I have a stall booked at a Christmas craft fair for the beginning of December so I thought that I had better actually make some Christmassy things for it. As I have been having problems with my wrists I have to make small, quick things, in order to actually have enough stock for the stall. I thought that decorations would be the best thing.

So, after a bit of time hooking something bizarre up, un-ravelling, hooking something else bizarre up I came up with a pattern that actually reassembled what I was hoping to achieve- a Christmas tree!

I have made six so far. What do you think?




They need blocking and I may decorate them with sequins or something but I'm rather pleased with them :-)

Heading over to Handmade Harbour to share in Handmade Monday for the first time. I can't wait to see what everyone makes.




Much love,

SS xx

14 comments:

  1. Love your little Christmas trees. Would look very pretty hanging on a tree as an ornament or strung as a garland. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you! A garland would be a great idea actually, thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. They are lovely. Well done you. I agree that they would look lovely hung on a tree or as a festive garland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I will definitely be making some garlands now :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful trees, I love them.

    Hope you have a good week x

    Stone Pit Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, thank you! Hope you have a good week too x

      Delete
  4. What do I think? I think they are lovely. What a cute design. I'm sure they will be a favorite at the Christmas fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so too as I have now made loads of them! x

      Delete
  5. Fabulous! They will look great with a few sequins, and hung up individually or on a garland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie, I think I may do some sparkly ones too :-)

      Delete
  6. Cute trees! I could use them as a fun bunting :)
    I have been thinking about Christmas a lot lately. Although we are also having a nice warm October, I am afraid that Christmas will arrive sooner that I expect and I won't be ready with the gifts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it always does doesn't it! I'm doing a craft fair at the beginning of December so am only really making things for that. Unfortunately this year everyone's gifts may have to be shop-bought

      Delete
  7. They are really lovely, I'm sure with some sequins on they'd look great either hanging from a tree or on garlands too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy, can't wait to have a play with sequins and the glue gun!

      Delete